Get online in your area
Need to get online to apply for benefits or find a job? We can help.
There are free ‘getting online’ drop-in sessions happening across Glasgow every week where you can get one-to-one expert advice on using computers and the internet.
Being online is vital for people on Universal Credit, who need access to the internet to make a claim and fill in their online journal.
Access to the internet also helps in applying for jobs, working on a CV, saving money on shopping, connecting with family and friends and lots more.
The free classes – funded by our charitable trust, the Wheatley Foundation – are in addition to our Click & Connect free computer learning centres across the city.
Tenant William McKee, from Dumbreck, pictured above with IT tutor Steven Smith, attends one of the free classes in Mosspark.
He said: “The classes are easy-going and enjoyable. I tried to teach myself at my local library but I was getting very stressed.
“It’s so much better having someone there to help.”
Tenant Wilma McGlinche added: “‘The classes are absolutely brilliant. Everyone is nice and friendly.
“It’s taken away the fear of using technology for me.”
Lorraine McLaren, Wheatley Foundation Director, said: “It’s so important to be online, especially for people claiming Universal Credit.
“These drop-in sessions can give people all the help they need to learn about computers and getting the most out of using the internet.”
Here’s a list of where and when our free ‘getting online’ drop-in sessions are, and a contact phone number too.
- Knightswood, Tuesday, 3–5pm, Linkes, 200 Lincoln Avenue. Phone 0141 954 7554
- Milton, Wednesday, 12.30–2.30pm, Castlebay Tenants Hall,123 Castlebay Drive
- Drumchapel, Wednesday, 10am–12pm, Chest Heart and Stroke Hub, Drumchapel Shopping Centre,16 Dunkenny Road. Phone 0141 230 4688
- Lambhill, Wednesday, 3–5pm, Lambhill Stables, 11 Canal BankNorth, Phone 0141 945 4100
- Scotstoun, Thursday, 3–5pm, Kingsway Health and Wellbeing Centre, 50 Kingsway Court. Phone 0141 959 0129
- Mosspark, Thursday, 12.30–2.30pm, GHA office,539 Mosspark Boulevard
- Milton, Friday, 12–2pm, The Ashgill Recreation Centre, Ashgill Road. Phone 0141 772 7993.
Tuesday, July 02, 2019