Being a GHA tenant is great value when you add everything up.
Thank you for paying your rent again this year. It means we can keep providing you with:
- Lots of useful services
- Improvements to homes
- Help and support whenever you need it
- 24/7 repairs
- Clean and tidy communities.
Want to find out more? Find out more in the sections below - and see how we're helping make neighbourhoods great in our Community News.
Services at GHA
Did you know we strive to provide excellent services at GHA? That includes:
- 24/7 customer service, 365 days a year
- housing officers who are out and about to support you
- fast and responsive repairs in your home
- easy, accessible online services
- a handyperson service for over 60s and disabled people
- fuel and benefits advice
- recycled furniture, emergency food parcels and other support when you’re struggling.
We improved homes this year by delivering:
- £48.2m of planned improvements in our homes and communities
- new improved, energy-efficient heating for 1800 tenants
- a new district heating system at Hillpark Drive for around 350 homes
- major improvement works including structural repairs, new roofs and wall insulation for 28 Winget blocks in Carntyne
- new lifts in our multi-storey blocks at Ruby Street, Baltic Street and Helenvale and upgrades at Drygate and Townhead
- over £5.5m further improvements to fire safety in our homes
- new external wall insulation for 100 tenants in Darnley and Riddrie, keeping homes warmer and helping to reduce fuel bills
- new windows for 185 tenants in the south and north west of the city.
Help and support
Here is how we helped and supported tenants and their families in 2018/19:
- created 408 opportunities for people from our homes to get into work or training
- supported 1228 new tenants with household budgeting, running a home and settling into their community through My Great Start
- put food on the table in 939 homes through our Eat Well service
- gave 667 tenants up-cycled furniture through our Home Comforts service
- awarded 39 young people from our homes a bursary to go to university or college
- provided free books every month to 354 children under five in our homes through the Dolly Parton Imagination Library initiative.
Our repairs service keeps getting better thanks to your feedback.
- you can book a repair online or by phone 24/7
- we completed 96% of repairs right first time
- the average time taken for emergency repairs is 2.8 hours
- non emergencies get done on average in six days
- 15 people from GHA homes got a trades apprenticeship thanks to our repairs and maintenance service.
We’re working on improving repairs even more. Look out for more improvements coming soon.
Here are some of the ways we help keep communities clean, tidy and safe places to live.
- our Stay Safe campaign, aimed at promoting safety messages to customers, saw another 698 home safety visits carried out in our homes last year that helped to reduced fires in our homes by 11%
- Baillieston, Greenfield, Sandyhills, Springboig and Castlemilk achieved a five-star Keep Scotland Beautiful award
- our NETs cleaned 4000 tenement closes each week.