We support a huge number of community events across Glasgow every year. We work with our partners, including Glasgow City Council, to support exhibitions, carnivals, festivals, shows and more for tenants living in our areas.
This page includes events which are taking place in your local community. Here are some fun days out for the family in February.
Love Your Community: 22 February, 1pm–4pm
BCDC, 15 Quarrywood Avenue, Barmulloch, G21 3BA.
- GHA staff will be there to answer any questions
- free tea/coffee and soup and sandwiches
- stalls from local centres and groups
- bake sale
- fire safety and police stall
- local schools joining the event
Art, crafts and music sessions
KATS Centre, 1 Fountainwell Square Sighthill, Glasgow, G21 1RB.
- 14 April, 1pm–2.30pm (under 8s) and 3pm-5pm (over 8s)
- 3 April, 1pm–2.30pm (under 8s) and 3pm-5pm (over 8s)
- 7 April, 1pm–2.30pm (under 8s) and 3pm-5pm (over 8s)
- 10 April, 1pm–2.30pm (under 8s) and 3pm-5pm (over 8s)
- 12 April, 9am–6pm – Trip to Jupitar Art Land.
Legacy Games: 24 May
The Emirates Stadium.
- Primary 7 pupil from 25 schools in the North East take part in a fun-filled athletics day.
100 Pointhouse Place, Glasgow West End G3 8RS. 0141 287 2720.
Saturday 18 and Sunday 19 February: Camouflage Art
Saturday 11am–12:30 and 1:30pm-3pm. Sunday 1:30pm–3pm.
Fun class looking at birds, butterflies and moths.
Saturday 25 February: Wooden Ship
11am–12:30pm and 1:30pm–3pm
Have a look at the ship model collection - and then make your very own.
Dance mania: 8 March, 6.30pm–8.15pm
12 Ardnish Street, Glasgow, G51 4NB.
Dance programme for primary 4–5 pupils in 10 south side schools.
Glasgow Museums Resource Centre
200 Woodhead Road, Glasgow South Side, G53 7NN. 0141 276 9300.
Saturday 18 February: Horsing Around – discover life before cars
1pm–3pm, for families 5+
Step back in time and see all horse carriages in the transport collection and what they were used for.
Sunday 19 February: Tour and Object Handling: Escape and Evade
1.30pm–3pm, for families 8+
Take a close up look at how animals avoid and defend themselves from predators.
Wednesday 22 February: Wee Creatives: Explore! Create! Play! Fun!
10.30am–11.30am and 1.30pm–2.30pm, for under 2s
Exploring museums for the very young, through objects, singing and stories.
Sunday 26 February: Flights – from birds to jet engines
1pm–3pm, for families 5+
Themed tour of flight from birds to a jet engine, then build your own mini flying machine.