Investment in and around your home
GHA has spent £200 million improving our homes across Glasgow over the last five years.
Thousands of homes have benefited from new kitchens and bathrooms, upgraded heating systems as well as new doors and windows.
This huge investment is on top of the £1.2billion investment programme which saw around 80,000 former council homes modernised following the transfer of the city’s housing stock from Glasgow City Council to GHA in 2003.
How have we improved homes?
The £200 million investment programme included:
- overcladding 580 homes in multi-storey blocks
- overcladding 1200 low-rise homes
- 6350 new central heating systems
- 1170 homes getting new windows
- 1500 new kitchens, bathrooms and rewires
- 25 new lifts in tower blocks.
We also carried out internal improvements, including:
- upgrading communal doors, landings and foyers in 1100 low-rise homes
- upgrading foyers and communal areas for 740 tenants living in high-rise blocks.