Professor Paddy Gray
Paddy is one of the UK housing sector’s most eminent figures. He is Professor Emeritus of Housing at the University of Ulster. In 2017, he was named the top “Power Player” in the UK housing sector by 24 Housing magazine. Paddy is regarded as an authority on housing strategy and social policy, nationally and internationally, having served on advisory groups for the Northern Ireland Executive, UK Government and Northern Ireland Assembly. He has had more than 300 research papers on housing-related issues published and regularly contributes to international conferences and seminars. Professor Gray is also an external examiner for housing degrees at several universities, including the University of Hong Kong. In 2010, he became the first Irish President of the UK Chartered Institute of Housing, having previously served as Vice President and Treasurer. He joined the GHA Board on 25 May 2017 and was appointed Vice-Chair in October 2019.
Interests outside of Wheatley Group:
- First Housing aid & support services
- PPG Consultancy Limited
- Approved Letting Scheme Limited
- Northern Island Chair: Connswater Homes
- Citizens Advice Bureau Derry
- Atlantic Quay Management Company Derry
- Republic of Ireland: Residential Tenancies Board
- Tuath Housing Association
- Threshold Ireland
- Icare England National Approved Letting Scheme Europe
- European network of housing.