A guide to the information we publish
The Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 (the Act) requires Scottish public authorities to produce and maintain a publication scheme.
Authorities are under a legal obligation to:
- publish the classes of information that they make routinely available
- tell the public how to access the information and what it might cost.
GHA has adopted the Model Publication Scheme 2018 produced by the Scottish Information Commissioner. This scheme has the Commissioner’s approval.
GHA is a subsidiary of the Wheatley Group. Information regarding the relationship between the bodies is referred to within this guide to information.
You can see information about the latest scheme by clicking on the following link to the Scottish Information Commissioner’s website or by contacting us at this address: Information Governance Team, Wheatley Group, Wheatley House, 25 Cochrane Street, Glasgow, G1 5HL, or by email at email@example.com
The purpose of this guide to information is to:
- allow you to see what information is available (and what is not available) in relation to each class
- state what charges may be applied
- explain how you can find the information easily
- provide contact details for enquiries and to get help with accessing the information
- explain how to request information we hold that has not been published.
Click on 'A guide to the information we publish' to read a PDF version.
Availability and formats
The information we publish through the publication scheme is, wherever possible, available on our website. We offer alternative arrangements for people who do not want to, or cannot, access the information online or by inspection at our premises. For example, we can usually arrange to send information to you in a paper copy (although there may be a charge for this). Please contact the Information Governance Team using the above contact details for more information.
We will publish the information we hold that falls within the classes of information. If a document contains information that is exempt under Scotland’s Freedom Of Information laws (for example, sensitive personal information or a trade secret), we may remove or redact the information before publication, but we will explain why.
Where GHA holds the copyright in its published information, the information may be copied or reproduced without formal permission, provided that:
- it is copied or reproduced accurately
- it is not used in a misleading context, and
- the source of the material is identified.
Where GHA does not hold copyright in information we publish, we will make this clear.
Cost for providing information
We will provide the following free of charge:
- information where the staff time involved in retrieving it from our systems, copying and sending it is less than £100
- hard copies of our publications which have been printed.
However, we will ask you to contribute 10 per cent of the cost if the staff time involved in retrieving the information you have requested, copying and sending it to you is more than £100.
We will never charge you more than the cost incurred by us and we’ll let you know in advance what we estimate the cost to be.
When we estimate the cost to us will be more than £600 we may refuse to provide the information, but we will write to you setting this out.
The basis on which we calculate costs is:
|How information is provided||Detail||Cost|
|Printing and photocopying based on black and white copies||A3 paper||20p per sheet|
|Printing and photocopying based on black and white copies||A4 paper||10p per sheet|
|Information provided on CD-ROM||Per CD||50p|
|Postage By Royal Mail||By Royal Mail||First Class|
|Staff time in preparing information||Per hour||£15|
You can contact us for assistance with any aspect of this publication scheme by:
- writing to: Information Governance Team, Wheatley Group, Wheatley House, 25 Cochrane Street, Glasgow, G1 5HL.
- emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will also be pleased to advise you how to request information that we do not publish or how to complain if you are dissatisfied with any aspect of this publication scheme.