Our commitment to publish
We are committed to being transparent and open about the way we work, the services we provide and the decisions we make.
We want to make sure information about us is easy to find.
One of the ways we do this is through our commitment to comply voluntarily with the spirit of The Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002.
The Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 gives the public the right to access recorded information held by public bodies.
We’re not bound by the Act, but we’re committed to operating within the spirit of the Act by proactively publishing information, providing a guide to make it easier for you to find our information and also by responding to requests for information as if we were bound by the Act.
We are bound by the Environmental Information (Scotland) Regulations 2004 which gives the public the right to access environmental information we hold.
Our guide to the information we publish includes the environmental information we publish.
Using this Publication Scheme also tells you:
- how to access information we hold but don’t publish
- the costs for providing unpublished information
- how to contact us if you have any queries or questions about what we publish
- about our copyright policy
- where to find a printer-friendly version of our guide to the information we publish.