Safety is important for you, your family and your neighbours
You should take precautions to prevent risks to yourself and to others.
- Typical risks include fire and explosions arising from the use or storage of any flammable or dangerous substances in and around your house.
- Heaters fuelled by liquid petroleum gas (LPG) are not permitted in multi-storey flats.
- Bicycles and motorcycles must never be stored on stairwells.
- Rubbish should always be disposed of properly, using rubbish chutes, communal or individual wheelie bins where provided and never left on landings or within closes.
- Unattended rubbish can be a health hazard and may attract rodents, or could be a fire hazard if set alight by vandals.
- We strongly recommend that you take out home contents insurance. You can access favourable rates as a GHA tenant. Call our insurance team on Freephone 0800 027 3456.